Your Friends at Frog Are Plugged Into Money-Saving Ideas
Some surprises are a good thing—such as that extra sparkly holiday gift you weren’t expecting to receive. And some surprises are not so good—such as a monthly energy bill that torpedoes your budget.
We’re homeowners and business owners, too. We understand the pain that unexpected expenses can cause. So the team at Frog Heating, Air & Electrical, the residential electrician in Nashville that will be there whenever you need us, would like to offer the following ideas to help you cut energy costs and reduce expenses. These ideas won’t cost you a penny but the savings could add up to as much as $500 or more a year!
- Lower your thermostat. You can save 5 percent to 10 percent on your heating bill by lowering the temperature 2 to 5 degrees.
- Not using them? Turn off those lights! Why light up rooms when you’re not even in them? You could save by turning off lights or switching from incandescent bulbs to LEDs.
- Use natural light. Instead of turning on a table lamp or overhead light, open curtains or drapes in south-facing windows to allow natural light to do the heavy lifting.
- Rely on task lighting. Reduce your energy demand by turning off ceiling lights and using desk lamps, under-counter lights or track lighting to complete tasks in the kitchen, home office or elsewhere.
- Shower efficiently. Quicker showers require less hot water and reduce energy costs.
- Don’t keep water running during teeth brushing and shaving. This is another easy way to cut down on the amount of water you use.
- Control leaks. Water leaks aren’t just messy. They’re also costly. Quick fixes save money.
- Not using it? Unplug it! Standby power for your appliances and devices can add 10 percent to your energy bill. Stop racking up those kilowatts by unplugging electronics you’re not using.
- Switch to a laptop. Desktop computers use more energy than laptops. Enough said.
- Replace your old TV. Newer models are so much more energy efficient.
- Use blinds, drapes to your advantage. Close your blinds or drapes to keep out the sun in the summer and open them to help warm up your indoor space in the winter.
- Play it smart with laundry. Use cold water and make sure to do full loads to maximize efficiency.
- Hang clothes out to dry. Using your clothesline instead of your dryer leads to big savings.
- Focus on the fridge and freezer. You can save money by keeping the refrigerator and freezer at ideal temperatures—about 36 degrees Fahrenheit for the fridge and about -0.4 degrees for the freezer.
- Don’t use the heat-dry dishwasher setting. Your dishes still dry quickly and you’ll save a bundle.
- Avoid using your oven in the summer. Use your grill or microwave to keep your house cooler in the summer.
Another smart way to save energy and cut costs is to get a tune-up for your HVAC system. Annual checkups keep your heating and cooling system running as efficiently and affordably as possible. They also allow your HVAC experts to fix little problems before they become larger, more costly issues. The skilled and experienced team at Frog will be happy to hop on over and handle this extremely important task for you.
Happy Holidays From Your Friends at Frog!
We would like to wish your family a joyful and happy holiday season. When you need heating, cooling, indoor air quality or electrical repair services in Nashville, feel free to reach out to us. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about our high-quality services, fill out our online form or call 615.823.3965!