While You Focus on You, We’re Here for Your HVAC, Electrical Issues
As we continue to follow stay-at-home directives to try to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, some of us are slipping into bad habits, including neglecting our workout routines.
It’s important for our overall health to exercise regularly. When we do, we reduce our risks for obesity, heart attacks, diabetes and more. So the team at Frog is offering some tips on how to stay in shape when you can’t get to the gym or follow your usual fitness regimen.
We’d also like to remind you that we’re an essential business during this crisis. We’re open and ready to help if you need us for reliable, affordable HVAC, air quality and electrical services in Nashville, TN.
No Equipment Necessary
Health experts say you can get a quality workout without leaving your house and without special equipment. You don’t need dumbbells, exercise bands, stationary bikes or universal gym equipment to experience a full workout. The keys are consistency, creativity and adaptability.
Here are the five parts of a full workout and ways you can accomplish them while stuck inside your home:
- Warm up. Start by walking slowly in place, around your home or outside while practicing social distancing.
- Transition to aerobics. Pick up your walking pace, jump rope or find an aerobics workout on YouTube, streaming services, the Internet or mobile apps.
- Strength train. Abdominal crunches, squats or push-ups are all great options.
- Increase flexibility. Yoga or simple stretching exercises will improve your flexibility.
- Cool down. Walk in place or around your home slowly again as you bring your heart rate back down.
If you’re a beginner, it’s important to start slow and gradually increase your time and intensity as you build stamina. Thirty minutes of cardiovascular exercise three times each week and 20 to 30 minutes of strength training three times each week are good starting points. Your strength workout should include exercises for your lower body, upper body, abdominals and back. Start with two or three sets of 10-15 repetitions for each strength exercise.
Tips for staying motivated include:
- Make exercise a priority. Do it regularly—no excuses.
- Work out as early as possible to avoid getting derailed.
- Use a videoconferencing service to exercise with a friend.
- Track your progress on paper or in an app.
- Establish goals, such as getting back into a favorite pair of jeans that no longer fit.
A Friendly Reminder: We’re Committed to Keeping You Safe
We’re the team you can trust to keep your HVAC and electrical systems in shape. Your health and safety is our highest priority during this pandemic. We are monitoring our staff for any flu-like symptoms and requiring employees to stay home and seek medical attention if they’re sick.
We will use hand sanitizer, gloves and masks when we visit your home.
Our technicians won’t shake hands and will practice safe social distancing. Before we leave, we’ll wipe down everything we’ve touched with disinfectant, including doorknobs, faucets and toilet handles.
We are here for you if you need electrical services, IAQ upgrades or an air conditioning replacement or repair in Nashville, TN. Call us at 615.823.3965 or contact us online.