Swing for the Fences This Season
With springtime comes America’s favorite pastime: baseball! So, in honor of the exciting season ahead, our Frog Heating, Air & Electrical team is here to help homeowners cover all of their bases when it comes to their comfort—so you can hit a home run this season and beyond. As your heating and air company in Brentwood, TN, our experts can ensure that your HVAC unit steps up to the plate and knocks it out of the ballpark, no matter what curveball Mother Nature tries to throw its way.
Load Up the Bases
Let’s face it: When it comes to spring and summer temperatures, Hendersonville, TN, and the surrounding communities are playing in the major leagues. That’s why, in order to ensure that your home and its HVAC unit are ready to square off against Mother Nature, you need to make sure that all of your bases are covered—and that your comfort system is ready to “Play Ball!” on any day, at any time.
To do just that, here are some important steps to take:
- Test your thermostat. It’s the first drill of spring training. Before you take a deep-dive into prepping your home for the months ahead, start by testing your air conditioner while it’s still fairly mild outside. Flip the switch on your thermostat and double-check that your unit kicks on. From there, verify that your comfort system is blowing cool air. Of course, if it doesn’t turn on or if it is blowing hot air, our Frog Heating, Air & Electrical team can coach you through a repair before the hot weather rolls in (and before you send your system to the dugout for good).
- Clean or replace the filter. The last thing any coach wants is for the all-star player to burn out by the fourth inning, when there’s still plenty of game left to play. The same holds true for your home’s MVP: your AC unit. Since spring and summer are the seasons when your air conditioner gets the most use, changing or cleaning the filter regularly is especially important. This simple step should be done every month or so, as it helps to keep your system from being overworked and running inefficiently. Plus, it helps to remove allergens and pollutants from your home—greatly improving your indoor air quality.
- Look for debris and plants surrounding the unit. Every baseball player has heard the same advice: “Keep your eye on the ball.” In doing so, they can keep their heads in the game and effectively connect their bat with the ball without any distractions or disruptions. Likewise, you should take steps to remove anything that might interfere with your AC unit’s ability to perform at its best. To do just that, remove debris and cut back shrubs or bushes that are leaning on or over your system.
- Schedule a checkup. The start of the season is when players and coaches assess, “What have we got this year?” It’s a time when practice makes perfect and where small mistakes are corrected. And the same applies to your home and its HVAC unit. As temperatures warm up and you begin to rely on your system more and more, now is the time to schedule a pregame inspection to ensure that your system is fully prepared to suit up and hit a grand slam against the season’s hottest temperatures.
Drafting the Top Prospect
There comes a point where even the best players need to take off their cleats and retire. Whether it’s due to frequent injuries or the number of years in the game, coaches know when it makes the most sense to pull a player. Similarly, for homeowners in our area, there may be a time where an air conditioning replacement in Nashville, TN, and the surrounding communities is the better choice and smarter investment.
Here are a few things to keep an eye out for when considering retiring your comfort system:
- Your unit has played far too many extra innings. If your system is more than 15 years old, it’s time to upgrade to something more efficient.
- Your system is regularly stuck in the dugout with an injury. Frequent repairs are a tell-tale sign of an inefficient unit, as well as being the cause for many frustration-driven headaches.
- Your unit throws wild pitches. Is your system excessively noisy? Is it leaking? These are red flags that your unit is on the path to calling it quits.
- Your unit strikes out when it comes to consistently cooling each room. When there are inconsistent temperatures throughout your home, it’s time to let go of your aging unit and choose a solution that better suits your needs.
At Frog Heating, Air & Electrical, our NATE-certified technicians are focused on finding you an affordable home comfort solution that’s tailored to your needs and budget.
Contact Frog Heating, Air & Electrical for AC Services in Hermitage, TN
Our Frog Heating, Air & Electrical team is here to serve as your cooling and heating repair company in the Greater Nashville area. Offering repair, maintenance and installation services that are worthy of a champagne celebration, our experts can help you hit a home comfort home run, season after season.
To learn more, call Frog Heating, Air & Electrical at 615.823.3965 or visit our website.